Business Development Manager
- Sourcing and identifying USG opportunities coming from such clients as USAID, MCC, DoS and other US Government agencies on Devex, GovWin, GovTribe, Grants.gov, and FBO.
- Developing the opportunities pipeline and cultivating relationship with existing and new partners.
- Researching clients and identifying their hot buttons.
- Managing the entire lifecycle of the USG bids, from the capture till the final proposal submission.
- Leading recruitment activities for the staff to be included in proposals, such as posting job announcements, setting up and carrying out interviews, negotiating salaries, if needed.
- Writing various sections of proposals, including the staffing plan, past performance references, corporate capabilities, etc.
- Leading the go/no-go processes, such as setting up meetings with technical and country teams, as well as the senior leadership to guide them through the decision making.
- Building the BD capacity of the country teams and other members of the BD team in understanding the USAID, MCC and DOS procurement processes, including training on capture and proposal management.
- Support marketing activities, participating in conferences and seminars that are within Helvetas’ thematic sector and geographic scope.
- International travel, as needed.
Website and Social Media Management
- Managing Helvetas USA social media accounts.
- Creating, editing and maintaining Helvetas USA website elements and other editorial products, working closely with our USA team and HQ in Switzerland.
- Writing occasional newsletters and other web-based materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in business development, specifically with managing USAID, DoS, MCC and other USG proposals.
- Excellent knowledge of USG procurement processes, rules and regulations.
- Strong ability to manage diverse teams – both HQ and country-based – paying attention to cultural sensitivities.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to pay attention to details and not losing the sight of a bigger picture.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and familiarity with online content management systems and social media platforms
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Masters’ Degree in international development or related field
- Knowledge of foreign languages (French, German, Spanish)
We offer you an interesting challenge in a motivated team with attractive working conditions. You can expect a modern workplace in a multicultural setting in the center of Washington, DC.
We look forward to receiving your CV by November 29, 2019 via email to